Wednesday 11 July 2012

Garden Concept Work / Arch-vis

So my parent's have applied for some planning permission to have some decking in our back garden. I thought it would be a great opportunity to model how it would look based on the plans and decking styles.

Probably spent a day on it so far in terms of hours.

(The area below the raised decking shows the existing garden/patio)

I modeled the basic house shape and some of the important window/door areas and the levels of the garden to start with. Then added the decking platforms. I will add the windows and patio doors at some point. They might take a couple of days, but might also do some basic rigging and skinning them to show them open or closed. Textures will really make this pop and at the moment the decking is all polygonal modelling which I could extract the data and turn it into a bump map/normal map to use as a texture to reduce the scene size an d render time.

No comments:

Post a Comment