Tuesday 8 February 2011

Problems with the rigging =/

I spent a considerable amount of time last night trying to bind the skeleton to the mesh of the imp character, I couldn't for the life of me get it to work. Being my first experience with trying to rig and only working from a tutorial in a book, its quite a solid wall to get over.

All we needed to do was have the Imp sit down for the test shots. Unfortunatly I couldnt get it to work in time for tuesdays feedback session with Neil.

Speaking of Neil, He really liked the animatic, good timings and a lot more together and complete. Personally i think there could be the tiniest of tweeks in some places but i agree and it looks impressive. Neil did however point out that the camera seemed to move around the central character a bit (We'll call him Charlie the low end buisnessman). So we will bare this in mind when it comes to creating the final short.

I said I was having trouble with the rigging and Neil recommended i use the automatic rigging software that is installed on some of the studios computers. I didn't know anything about it and which i was on but i planned to explore it.

I'm now currently trying to progress through the early stages of The Setup Machine, and hopefully have a rig done tonight depending on how easy the plug in is to use.

Due to me recently knowing about this plug-in, I ask why should you rig manually? But I came to the conclusion that there is still a job for riggers out there for manually creating a rig for a character as it can be extremely more complex and intricate which would benefit the high end animation studios, and The Setup Machine is more for amateurs and trying to get a rig done fast.

Just a few thoughts from today.

1 comment:

  1. wow you seem a lot further on then I am, haha I haven't even begun to teach myself rigging yet

    ReplyDelete