Tuesday 6 November 2012

Interview Tomorrow

The work experience interview is tomorrow, organised a tiny bit last minute. Spoke to the company on the phone today and had a reply shortly after. Still unsure which 2 week slot I am doing but I'm sure we can negotiate that.

While I am up there I will take the opportunity to look around the area at possible hotels/B&B's to stay in for  5 of the nights and come home at the weekend, then go back up again for 5 more nights the following week.

Also spoken more with the guy I'm doing work on his game for. He was happy with the early designs I showed and sent to him and he as managed to get the objects working fine in Unity. He also asked me to make some more modular pieces such as; rooms, corridors, cross section corridors, t section etc. So I worked on those quickly tonight and sent to him.

At the moment all my models have been rough around the edges, not aligned properly and don't match in certain areas. This is okay for the prototype/concept stage and is good for getting the ideas down quick. However for future models these should be aligned properly on the grid and match up perfectly on the grid so it looks seamless between 2 models. Also I don't have a particular poly count as such but I was told to be sensible. Use detail where its needed but don't go overboard sums it up pretty much.

I would post some pictures of the recent models but they are pretty boring and similar to the previous pictures so I will post some reference material I have been using to work from. Less so for the prototyping, more so for the final designs which I plan to sketch out some on the train tomorrow.

These range from photos, wireframe models, concept art, fully rendered 3D environments and even tabletop wargame scenery.










No comments:

Post a Comment